I don't want to cut the case I want to cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahumado

the frame inside. Specifically I want to cut the back off and put on a new one. Two questions: Where can I buy case metal ( not the outside but the inside ) in a sheet and whats the best way to straighten a crooked case. I can off course bend it back the way it came but I am looking for some good tips?

Can you explain why you're going through this instead of buying a new case? Just curious.

Originally posted by Ahumado
It's something to do

LOL.....fair enough. :)

But unfortunately, I don't have the answers for you. Possibly somebody else here does.

not sure what you are wanting exactly, but you can buy sheets of metal that would serve your purposes I believe, at Lowes or Home Depot or other such places. You may need to cut or bend these to the shape you need but...
You can also buy the structural part of a case from a few different places, just look at places that specialize in electronics and PC components rather than larger items. JDR Microdevices, or Mouser might be good places to start.

I picked up (free) a really nice case...problem is it's a 486 case.
It's an IBM Aptiva. It has a nice handle and a cool sliding panel on the front. I want to mod it so I can use it. The big problem will be lining everything up. I will probably just rip the back off and replace it but I need a proper material.

I'll check those places out and thanks for your reply.

Ahumado

Originally posted by StormBringer
not sure what you are wanting exactly, but you can buy sheets of metal that would serve your purposes I believe, at Lowes or Home Depot or other such places. You may need to cut or bend these to the shape you need but...
You can also buy the structural part of a case from a few different places, just look at places that specialize in electronics and PC components rather than larger items. JDR Microdevices, or Mouser might be good places to start.

The MOD is dead. There was no room for the optical drives. After I got the mobo, PSU, a: drive and hd in I sid the cdrom into place and the back of it covered the memory slots and the IDE hookups. Oh Well, I had fun and now own a dremel.

Feel free to shorten that signature. It seems the local population hasn't had a hanging in a while & they're getting itchy by the hour.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back