TechSpot

i downloaded the wrong drive and..

By gamerboy14
Mar 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys ya i accidently donwloaded the wrong driver for my vid. card and then i tried to unistall it (cuz i didt kno if it wud hurt it or not) then it unistalled my main driver for my vid. card!!! what do i do? i got my comp. from some guy who has a comp. store and he didt give me any disks!! is there any other way to fix this??? i cant even get my desktop screen loaded...it says "BIOSTAR" and wont go past that...can you guys help me? thanks.

2. btraxinger

btraxinger TS Rookie

I have a similar problem except my card works. I can view everything, but when I scroll the screen skips. In a previous thread I was told to update my driver, but I do not have a driver for my card because I restored my computer. Anyone know where to get a driver (standard vga) At least, thats what it said when I tried to install a ati driver.

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,866   +165

Press F8 several times as the computer begins to boot and select VGA Mode on the black screen when it shows. Reboot your computer normally

4. Tmagic650

Do the same thing I told gamerboy14 to do. After you get into Windows, carefully select, and dowload the ATI driver for your model video card. What is the model of your ATI video card?

5. gamerboy14

gamerboy14 TS Rookie Topic Starter

hey i got it runnin but wont it mess with the other driver if i D/L the right 1?? i got a RADEON 9250 series and i D/L the 9200

6. Tmagic650

No,
    the 9200 series driver should work fine. Do you have Microsoft's NET Framework installed? The ATI Catalyst program won't work without NET Framework installed first

7. btraxinger

btraxinger TS Rookie

My Video card is a Radeon X300 series.

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,443   +220

For current ATI driver click here for the driver page.

9. gamerboy14

gamerboy14 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya i got the .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0

10. Tmagic650

So go ahead and download and install the Catalyst and driver suite...

11. btraxinger

btraxinger TS Rookie

Thanks everyone, I downloaded the new driver and it works perfect. Thanks for all of your help!!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.