i downloaded the wrong drive and..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerboy14

hey guys ya i accidently donwloaded the wrong driver for my vid. card and then i tried to unistall it (cuz i didt kno if it wud hurt it or not) then it unistalled my main driver for my vid. card!!! what do i do? i got my comp. from some guy who has a comp. store and he didt give me any disks!! is there any other way to fix this??? i cant even get my desktop screen loaded...it says "BIOSTAR" and wont go past that...can you guys help me? thanks.

I have a similar problem except my card works. I can view everything, but when I scroll the screen skips. In a previous thread I was told to update my driver, but I do not have a driver for my card because I restored my computer. Anyone know where to get a driver (standard vga) At least, thats what it said when I tried to install a ati driver.

gamerboy14 said:
hey guys ya i accidently donwloaded the wrong driver for my vid. card and then i tried to unistall it (cuz i didt kno if it wud hurt it or not) then it unistalled my main driver for my vid. card!!! what do i do? i got my comp. from some guy who has a comp. store and he didt give me any disks!! is there any other way to fix this??? i cant even get my desktop screen loaded...it says "BIOSTAR" and wont go past that...can you guys help me? thanks.

Press F8 several times as the computer begins to boot and select VGA Mode on the black screen when it shows. Reboot your computer normally

btraxinger said:
I have a similar problem except my card works. I can view everything, but when I scroll the screen skips. In a previous thread I was told to update my driver, but I do not have a driver for my card because I restored my computer. Anyone know where to get a driver (standard vga) At least, thats what it said when I tried to install a ati driver.

Do the same thing I told gamerboy14 to do. After you get into Windows, carefully select, and dowload the ATI driver for your model video card. What is the model of your ATI video card?

hey i got it runnin but wont it mess with the other driver if i D/L the right 1?? i got a RADEON 9250 series and i D/L the 9200

No,
the 9200 series driver should work fine. Do you have Microsoft's NET Framework installed? The ATI Catalyst program won't work without NET Framework installed first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back