I.explore.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmany

From the task manager window, I stopped a running process called i.explore.exe that was slowing the computer by consuming a lot of the cpu usage (more than 50%), then everthing went ok after that. My question is: What is that i.explore.exe I dared to delete in a desperate attempt to get my pc running fast again?

i.explore.exe is quite probably a trojan of some description.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

There was no need to post, just to tell me you were going to follow my instructions. ;)

Better you had just followed them and posted the HJT log.

HJT log file

Please, analize this HJT log file for me. I'm very concerned about having the i.explore.exe using up the cpu when I check running processes from the Task Manager window, which makes my pc very slow.
Thanks,
osmany

Threads merged.

Your HJT log is clean.

However, I`d like to run one more check for malware.

Download combofix.exe. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes it will open a text window. Please attach that log back here together with a fresh HJT log. Caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs, please reboot to restore the desktop.

Combofix will automatically save the log file to C:\combofix.txt

Please post the Combofix log into this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back