I finally made it....

MrGaribaldi

passed the 3k mark :)

Not that post count matters, but still :p

Phantasm66> I tried to find your old post from when you passed the 3k mark, but it seems to be lost to the ages... Only found this which is an interesting read to reminisce about the "good ol' days"

Hehe, yes I know I can't hold a candle compared to you...

As for phatman, yes he seems to have gone awol as well... But since I've been away for some time, I can't recall why or how...

BTW: Hope you're in good health & all. Last I talked to you, you were starting in a new job, how is it working out?

Actually, I am now starting ANOTHER JOB! Its still doing IT in financial sector, but its for another bank. This role has lots of training, probably everything I need to get myself ready for contracting. Once I am a contractor - well, I am going to be rich!

As for my post count, the reason its so high is because I keep posting complete bollocks.

Not really, most of what you post is relevant and helpful. Well done. Hey, your all kings of post count compared to me! Good luck with the job :grinthumb

Phantasm66 said:
Once I am a contractor - well, I am going to be rich!
You missed out on the gold-mine!
I was (mainframe) contracting during the Y2K-scare, and I was able to buy a house with the proceeds of it!
Been contracting from 1986-2001.
Nowadays I do only free-lancing when it suits me.

Phantasm66 said:
Actually, I am now starting ANOTHER JOB! Its still doing IT in financial sector, but its for another bank. This role has lots of training, probably everything I need to get myself ready for contracting. Once I am a contractor - well, I am going to be rich!

Sweet!
Glad to see everything is working out for you, and that you've moved on from the "let everyone else take the credit" job you had at the uni...

Phantasm66 said:
As for my post count, the reason its so high is because I keep posting complete bollocks.

You keep on saying that, but I thought that only applied for the first 3k posts ;)

rbs> You lucky "¤#" :p

And as for post count in general, well, as you see I've been posting for more than 3 years (about 5 years in total I think), so it's not really that many posts pr year.... And it's much more important to have quality posts, and not bs posts like this one ;)

realblackstuff said:
I was (mainframe) contracting during the Y2K-scare, and I was able to buy a house with the proceeds of it!

That sounds cool!

I will probably be contracting J2EE application server work, tomcat / apache / websphere, with UNIX system admin and SQL work.

In the future, I want to get into security penetration testing of J2EE application servers, and other forms of what's called ethical hacking.

MrGaribaldi said:
passed the 3k mark :)

Not that post count matters, but still :p

Phantasm66> I tried to find your old post from when you passed the 3k mark, but it seems to be lost to the ages... Only found this which is an interesting read to reminisce about the "good ol' days"

Congratulations MrGaribaldi.

Quite a way for me to go yet lol

Regards and best wishes Howard
cheers.gif

Hehe, thanks guys :)
It's always nice with a bit of an ego boost :D

And Phant, sounds fun! I'm hoping to get into more the game side of the business, but you never know...

realblackstuff said:
Been contracting from 1986-2001.
Nowadays I do only free-lancing when it suits me.

In Dublin? Eek. I want that job...

you want an ego boost?
Here goes.
All praise the great MrGaribaldi, with his superior mind and well shaped body (cringe)we must all bow down to him, all who oppose are really dim

sorry if that seemed a bit partronising or homoerotic, i'm not actually gay (seriously). That doesn't mean I hate gays either (I know a gay, he's all right)

No MYOB, that was in Switzerland where I lived from 1975-1999. I did the Y2K conversions for the UBS (Bank) and for Hoffman-LaRoche (Pharmaceuticals). After I finished the latter, I moved to Ireland by mid '99. Bought my house a few months later (in D18).
By that time I was already gainfully employed in Dublin as a vice-president of an American investment bank. (Mind you, 'a' VP, not 'the' VP).
Anyway, enough 'bragging'. :angel:

then he's going to post masses of utter useless crap around everywhere to boost his post count

Finchy said:
you want an ego boost?
Here goes.
All praise the great MrGaribaldi, with his superior mind and well shaped body (cringe)we must all bow down to him, all who oppose are really dim

well, you forgot to talk about how great my personality is, and how noone is more helpful than me on this board, not to mention how fabulous I am with women! ;) :D

As for posting BS, I hope that if someone were to check all my posts (at least those not lost from previous boards) they'd find that the majority of them actually are quality... Though I have to admit to getting "a few" posts in the word game thread that existed a long time ago...

And at Julio, hehe... Are you sure you remembered to add all the posts you've lost over the years when transitioning to new board systems, that you suddenly remembered? ;)

Anyways, all honour to Julio for having created a place that has always had a great community to belong to, and which will hopefully stay that way!

And with that I sign off for today so I get some sleep before my oral exam in C++, which starts in less than 9 hours...

MrGaribaldi said:
Hehe, I'll try. You've got until the 16th to get a further head start, but after that :D
Game on then, I just picked up a Renters Guide thing for Rolla, I got a 'permanate' job there now and will be moving back as soon as I can find a place. I'll be back on broadband then. For just over a year now I've been on dialup, I'll be here a bit more with broadband 24/7 and not 8/5.

how dare you?
I know my early posts were utter crap, but on some occasions i had to split a post into two because otherwise it would be massively long!

(apologies if this has offended anyone, it's meant to be sarcastic)

You know i thought this was a group of mature people willing to help others if they could, or people seeking others help.... silly me :giddy: its romper room.

I don't care about the # of post anyone makes, its wether or not they were able to help or be helped.

Bipolar_Gargoyl

Back