I found the Minidump folder!!!!!! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniac_lonestar

Ok first of all, I read that a lot of people with BSOD's submitted Minidumps, and I think I found the folder, but I have a too much of em (As much as 344 Dumps). And I have a big concern for BSOD because I used to get em 10 times a day and during downloading and gameplay.

So here are my questions:

*Are minidumps created when BSOD's happen?

*Can I delete them?

*Do they really relate to BSOD? (I tried some other stuff to prevent bsod already)

*Is it the one in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump ?

Anyways here are my recent (by creation date) minidump attachments...and also Thanks Howard for the HiJack solution.

Yes, minidumps are created when either your system auto restarts due to a crash or when you get a BSOD.

Yes, you can safely delete them, but don`t delete the folder itself.

Yes, they do relate to BSOD`s. They are a good source of information that can be analysed.

Yes, the folder at C:\windows\minidump is correct.

Your three minidumps crash at IPVNMon.sys. this is part of the Visual IP Insight software. It is a known problem from what I can gather. Do a Google search for IPVNMon.sys You`ll see what I mean.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks, I'll check that out later, I gotta do the SAT, but can you tell me any manual way to determine my ram size without looking at my laptop specs. (Specifications say 512 to 2 gigs, but I want to know specific)

Thanks Howard, but one more question, since I removed the Visual Network service do I have do anything else relating to this topic?

and also, this doesn't relate to the topic but, do you get paid for helping people on the forum? I mean like, you always reply to my topics at lightning speed.

since I removed the Visual Network service do I have do anything else relating to this topic?

Providing you`re not having any problems, you don`t need to do anything else.

do you get paid for helping people on the forum? I mean like, you always reply to my topics at lightning speed.

No, I don`t get paid. I do it because I enjoy it and because of all the fantastic members we have here at Techspot. That may sound a little cheesy, but it`s the truth lol.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back