I get an error message when windows starts up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the error message:

error loading c:\windows\system32\pqnyfni.dll

Im not sure if the pqnyfni is right or if its pqyfnl.dll

thanks for your help

Please recheck and give the exact correct spelling. I don't think either is right. It is imperative when giving this kind of information that the spelling be absolutely correct.

its c:\windows\system32\pqnyfni.dll

I was told to go to:

Go to start--> Run
msconfig

Go to startup and uncheck anything with pqnyfni in it

does this actually fix the problem though or just stop the error message from popping up?

Thanks

I cannot identify this process. All I get is a page full of Yahoo answers, none of which identifies it, including the direction you post. I found a reference to the game 'Crysis', but otherwise nothing.

I can't tell you how to fix the problem when I don't know what it is. Do you actually see this file in the System32 folder? Check this:

Right click on start> Explore> Windows> System 32> click on this folder to expand> look on right screen for this file>> IF you see it> right click> Properties> is there any info there?

IF you do not find it in the System32 folder, then it may be malware.

update

I checked to see if there was a file there, and there was nothing. But when I Go to start--> Run, msconfig there is an item under startup item called pqnyfni. Then theres a few sections

comand: rundll32.exe C:\windows\system32\pqnyfni.dll, turnon2

This is all from the system configuration box under the startup tab. Someone told me to uncheck the box loacated next to the pqnyfni but is that going to fix whatever this problem is or just disable this file? Is this even a file that is needed?

I still can't ID the file. But references to 'turnon2 and pqnyfni.dll in logs have all been instructed to remove the process. The fact that I can't ID it would indicate it's not a Windows or Microsoft file.

Uncheck all boxes on the startup list that refer to either of these processes, reboot. Once unchecked, the processes should not startup and you shouldn't get the message.

Take a look at Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Do you see anything there you can't identify? IF you do, search to ID. IF you need help, copy the exact name here. Right now, we're working with an unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back