I got a free server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beef_jerky4104

Today my friend comes over early to wake me up. He said somebody got evicted somewhere down the road and people were taking all there stuff. We get in his golf cart and go down there. There are three guys and a little kid loading up a truck and trailer. The first man said he was a friend of the owner and told us to leave. We left. We laughed since he was probably taking the stuff for himself.

We went over to our other friends and told them (another friend was there) about the eviction. We wanted to get stuff but we told them about the people there. They didn't care found a couple of knives. They left in their truck and we followed loosley in the golf cart. The people who were taking things passed us and left. We proceeded to the home. When there we loaded random things into the vechiles. Monitors, matches, radar detectors. Anything of use to us. I even found an IBM server!

We loaded it up and continued taking things. A cop road by. My friend ditched us in his golf cart. The cop lowered the window and said "I don't know why he left this is completely legal. He was given notice so its just a free for all".

We called our friend and kept loading this up. We found bullets and parts to guns and eventually we left. We brought the server to my house and it actually works!

Just thought this was a cool story. And if anyone can, I need help setting up the server. It thinks it doesn't have any HDDs. Also the HDDs are SCSI.

-Charlie

EDIT: Since Windows 9x and Windows XP PRO will not install I will try booting off of a Ubuntu CD.

EDIT: Ubuntu didn't work.

Do you feel good about this?
Have your ever thought about what it feels like to have the cops pull up in front of your house and have everything you own ripped from you by thugs, however mild mannered they might be.
Put it in storage, and get it back to him. He probably badly needs everything that was there.

Now that you brought it up seeing this happen to myself would suck. However he was given at least a week to remove his property from the area. Not to mention we did find marijuana at the location.

Hell, if you steal the guys stuff and use it. Did you take the dope to and use it? That is a really low thing to do and speaks loads about your morals! I think instead of calling this thread "I got a free server", you should have called it "I stole a server"!

halo71 said:
That is a really low thing to do and speaks loads about your morals! I think instead of calling this thread "I got a free server", you should have called it "I stole a server"!

True say. Thieves.

You shouldn't have taken that. You should just give him back everything that you took. He just got evicted... the last thing he needs is to have people taking his stuff.

It should be illegal.

I agree with Halo, Soul Harvester, and Raybay.

Throw the weed away, if he cant afford his rent, he cant afford dank weed.

Same goes with the server. Its probably previously stolen.

Well believe it or not i was in the same exact situation.

The local "in and out mart" shut down within 5 hour..prob after a tip that the pigs where after em. (they dealt drugs)

They left a full server rack and UPS (psu) outside there store.

I took part of the server, but when i took it home i realized how much crap i could get in if it was previously stolen. I threw it away..kept the UPS.

As far as the weed...you don't know where its been..for all you know it could be laced with meth. Not worth it.

lol this is the guy that gets mad at people for spelling nvidia the wrong way. lols this made my day.

pretty low to go steal his stuff, if you where in that position how would you feel ?

If i was in that position? If i was in the position where i got evicted, dumped all my stuff out on the street IN FRONT..on a major road...with no intent of ever coming back for it..and someone took it..believe it or not i wouldn't care.

Anyone..do me a favor.

If you disagree with me..take you computer, and put it in front of your house..on the curb.

Of course people are just going to think its yard art, they wont take it.

Hey supersmashbrada I almost fell out of control and flamed you right there.

Lol, the funny thing is that my friend Decker was taking retarded stuff. Coffee tables, silverware.

twite said:
Of course people are just going to think its yard art, they wont take it.

I have to say I agree with you there. If he was evicted and he had no intent on getting his stuff back; then what would you do? It's not thievery or stealing; he is giving away the items (technically). This thread is not supposed to be about what you feel about how he got it; but rather the server, which hasn't been spoken about at all.

As far as I am concerned, ethics is critical to everything in the world of computers... everywhere you go, somebody is trying to cut corners and find a way around common decency.

Donate to a cause. Do not take as your own.

The man was giving the things away; you have to understand this. Now let's stay on topic before this gets closed by a mod.

I agree that the thread has gone off topic, although it should have been closed by a mod after the second comment. Besides discussing drugs and theft of TS I thought was against the rules. Bottom line is that everyone is going on the assumption that the people evicted were not coming back for their stuff. I guess the cops new this for SURE ehh? I doubt that. At any rate, unless the evicted verbally said they didn't want their stuff, or they sold it to someone. I still see it as theft.

It is yours, and no one here can change that.

Lets move on with this discussion.

What are you planning on doing with the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back