I got a new system and i got 2 BSOD, Files Attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, im new to this board
I bought a new pre built system and it had a 3 year active PC-cillion virus protection installed on it already.

I had a few BSOD ( x2 ) and i posted both with this messege as in attachment. both BSOD happend during playing world of warcraft, i did reisntall the problem, but its still the same.

I did a crash analysis scan and it came out with a file named tm_cfw.sys as the problem and that file belongs to Trend ( the Pc-cillion ).

If anyone know what i can do please let me know.

Thanks for looking

System Specs:
E6600
2gb ram ddr2 667mhz
160gb HD 10,000rpm
8800 GTX vid card

I would run a scan from another outfit... AVG, Panda's online, McAfee, EZArmor, etc... just to rule out an infestation.
Looks like a good rig which should not be having that trouble...
I would first download new video drivers. If problem remains, go back to the next earlier version of the drivers.
I would then run MemTest86 for four hours. If good, then I would guess the problem is most likely your video graphics card, or your power supply.

raybay said:
I would run a scan from another outfit... AVG, Panda's online, McAfee, EZArmor, etc... just to rule out an infestation.
Looks like a good rig which should not be having that trouble...
I would first download new video drivers. If problem remains, go back to the next earlier version of the drivers.
I would then run MemTest86 for four hours. If good, then I would guess the problem is most likely your video graphics card, or your power supply.

so the BSOD got nothing to do with the Tren Virus program? since the crash analysis test came back with a file that belongs to trend pc cillion program?
wierd my power supply is 1000w.

Both the dumps are blaming the soundcard drivers, with a bugcheck I'm not familiar with. Try updating the soundcard drivers.

BugCheck E7, {1, 0, 2, 0}
Probably caused by : ctoss2k.sys ( ctoss2k+35b1 )
Image name: ctoss2k.sys Timestamp: Tue Nov 08 20:14:55 2005 (437096BF)

INVALID_FLOATING_POINT_STATE (e7)
While restoring the previously saved floating point state for a thread, the state was found to be invalid. The first argument indicates which validity check failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000001, The current processor interrupt priority level (IRQL) is not the same as when the floating point context was saved. Second argument is saved IRQL, third is current IRQL.
Arg2: 00000000
Arg3: 00000002
Arg4: 00000000

Since you installed PC-Cillin, I don't think the Trend thing is a problem... but you might want to check their website.

peterdiva said:
Both the dumps are blaming the soundcard drivers, with a bugcheck I'm not familiar with. Try updating the soundcard drivers.

BugCheck E7, {1, 0, 2, 0}
Probably caused by : ctoss2k.sys ( ctoss2k+35b1 )
Image name: ctoss2k.sys Timestamp: Tue Nov 08 20:14:55 2005 (437096BF)

INVALID_FLOATING_POINT_STATE (e7)
While restoring the previously saved floating point state for a thread, the state was found to be invalid. The first argument indicates which validity check failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000001, The current processor interrupt priority level (IRQL) is not the same as when the floating point context was saved. Second argument is saved IRQL, third is current IRQL.
Arg2: 00000000
Arg3: 00000002
Arg4: 00000000

oh, ok
i uninstalled my x-fi soundcard, and i reinstalled .
i will let you know if i get another BSOD

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back