Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillGates

05-03-2005
I came home to my cool pc and wanted to check out a forum webpage because I had a Norton Antivirus Problem that still is not fixed.

When I logged in I had no access to anything ohh man it sucks.

Why did I get get banned well. It turns out tha a now X FRIEND of mine had been using my computer to post bogus crap on the their sites.

He created multiple user names and logged all of my key strokes and man was I mad :mad:

I sent the administrator that kicked me an e-mail and I haven't recieved anything back I think he is ignoring me.

The reason I was there was because they had some really good information about fixing viruses.

Well no Im screwed So what do you guys think I should do.

Send me PM post your comments here or what ever. :confused:

More than likely the administrator is immune to people begging forgivness and explaining mistakes, especially if your x friend did some really bad things.

BillGates said:
Well no Im screwed So what do you guys think I should do.
I'd say move on. You could always post your problem here at TechSpot.

These guys were freakin crazy it was horrible.

I didn't even do anything maybe one day Ill make a new email and username just to get back on there they are the only forums I found with advanced Virus Trojan support crap.

Why why why

If you would like to know where send me a pm

Ohh man.

AT least the people here are not as cruel and ununderstanding.:(

Stop whining and get on with your life.
Register there again under a different username and don't ever mention any of your previous experiences or your x-friend's misdemeanour.

If this is not the one you got thrown out by, a very good AV/Trojan forum is:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

Or, as olefarte suggested, post your problems here (but don't whine :angel: ). We have many quite knowledgeable members.

Doubt the new username will work - on your computer anyway. I'm a member of a australian car ownership/modding forum & they've said they will delete your account and block your IP address. You'll have to try on another computer most likely.

You could also kill your "friend" & take his computer.

Better yet, steal his ISP log-in details so you'll have a different IP address.

Well maybe I will just reregister sounds great is there a way to delete my previous accounts permanetly

AMD2800+ said:
Doubt the new username will work - on your computer anyway. I'm a member of a australian car ownership/modding forum & they've said they will delete your account and block your IP address. You'll have to try on another computer most likely.

You could also kill your "friend" & take his computer.

Better yet, steal his ISP log-in details so you'll have a different IP address.

How can forums block your ip? Doesn't your ip change every time you connect to the internet. If so, it'd only block you until you disconnect and reconnect.

If I could only talk to the administrator of this website or the owner, super moderator, moderator or something and maybe he/she can tell me how to delete my account I thought that there was an option but there isn't one and there should be.

So I could get a fresh new start.

to recover from my friends destructive ways.

I know there is a way I just know.

vnf4ultra said:
How can forums block your ip? Doesn't your ip change every time you connect to the internet. If so, it'd only block you until you disconnect and reconnect.
Most don't change that often. When I lived in the fraternity my IP never changed. I don't think it changed very often when I had a cable modem either. Both were "dynamic".
But even if it did change, its only going ot change after the last dot. An IP like 131.151.141.45 could change to say 131.151.141.89, that 141 will not change. So the administrator can just block block 131.151.141.* where anything that comes after the 141 would be blocked. This has some obvious downsides, like the dude in the next room would be banned too even though he is innocent.

Got banned for absolutely nothing

today 5/4/05

I was trying to help out someone from this site because they were being tracked and I went to try to get the ling from the warez website and it said I was banned.

How is this possible when I have never registered with the site or posted anything.

:confused:

SNGX1275 said:
Most don't change that often. When I lived in the fraternity my IP never changed. I don't think it changed very often when I had a cable modem either. Both were "dynamic".
But even if it did change, its only going ot change after the last dot. An IP like 131.151.141.45 could change to say 131.151.141.89, that 141 will not change. So the administrator can just block block 131.151.141.* where anything that comes after the 141 would be blocked. This has some obvious downsides, like the dude in the next room would be banned too even though he is innocent.

My ip changes every time. All numbers change but the first, and sometimes it changes. So could they block all 131.*? My connection is dialup by the way.

I think I know how to fix that

I fixed that problem though
They cannot not fully block me because they do not have my real ip address.
Thanks to win XP

If you can detect my real ip address as of now
list it so I can see if my plan worked.

Man I just don't understand I wonder how long the ban will last :confused:

Dunno then, I'll check my dialup when I get home from work if I remember. I don't think anything but the last part changes on mine.

vnf4ultra said:
My ip changes every time. All numbers change but the first, and sometimes it changes. So could they block all 131.*? My connection is dialup by the way.
Ok I just checked mine, I looked at the IP recorded when I posted over a week ago, and I looked at my IP address right now. They both start otu the same, only after the last . are they different.

I suppose if yours changes that much you can go crazy on forums getting banned and you can just redialup and continue. I highly doubt any admin of anything will ban the whole 131.*

Im back in but still banned

Well you have to change your IP address on your local computer and change the proxy server you goto that is why you guys have the wrong ip address not my real ip address.

Ohh this is so cool and buy the way I made another username and I am back into that forum website and nobody knows about it. muhahaha

I got full access and everything

I love the internet

ALright I changed it again now what is it

I have changed my ip address is can you guess what it is now guys.
Moderators, Super Moderators, Admins,etc... People of authoriy send me a PM because it is not really fair for you guys since you have god like powers and this task is well very easy for you guys with experience and stuff. :wave:

Well nobody has been able to find out my cool way of getting around the evil ban and I will not tell unless you are one of the people of the forms with godlike powers because if I told the normal people then that ...

That would be very very bad and there would be no point of banning people.

Matter of fact how many people have been banned from this site as of now.
How many people have been restricted from forums.
What were some of the reasons and was it really worth it.

The site that banned me tried to ban my ip address and well that didn't work thank god.

And a question for the web master. I wanted to know how in the world do you make a website like this one TECHSPOT it is so hard. Did you download an applicaotion or something man. The code for just trying to set up the site using the phpbb2 code is a real killer for me.

Is there a way that I could make an awsome forum like this one using ASP (can't really work with that really well either)

Because I would like to become and administrator/moderator/super moderator owner of a really cool forum one day.

Seems like I 've got my homework stacked up on how to code those crazy php ban list stuff. Man ohh man:)

Well as one of the "normal people" I don't plan on getting banned so I don't guess I need to hide my address.

Anyway, glad to see that your problem is solved and you are totally invisible and are back in the good graces of your fourm.

Thank you I wasn't the one doing the harm that is what the problem is it was my friend that messed everything up for me. I sent an email asking for readmittance and got nothing back from them.

I liked the forum so I just made a new user name

and changed my ip address of course so they wouldn't know it was me hehehe

Do you know of anyone that has been banned on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back