TechSpot

I got the TV Picture on my PC but NO sound

By g4fne
Dec 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all :wave: .. This is my first post on a PC forum .. so i hope it makes sense.

I have recently discovered that my PC is able to receieve TV picture with antenna plugged in. The picture is superb but i am unable to get sound.
    I do however still get sound (from monitor speakers) when useing the PC for CD playback or games etc. Just the TV sound a problem.
    I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9200 graphics card with PCTV & a realtek AC97 Sound card i believe (hope this makes sense :blush: )

Any help would be much appreciated
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Hello and welcome to techspot!

Here is your card's user manual:
    http://www2.ati.com/manuals/AW9200Sr.pdf

Go down to the part titled:

Selecting the sound card connector for TV audio input (page 20)

and follow the instructions there.

Good luck!
  3. g4fne

g4fne TS Rookie Topic Starter

Wow ... What quick responses ... Thankyou

I have now taken the side off my PC & it seems there is no cable from sound card to ATI card.

Where can i get the lead/cable i would need ..any internet links would be appreciated ??

This now brings me onto another question ... i can see the "line in" on sound card but the only available socket on ATI card is a multi pin "video out" ... Is this where it goes ??
  4. g4fne

g4fne TS Rookie Topic Starter

Problem now sorted :grinthumb
  5. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Glad to hear it.

Now get back to watching tv.............WITH SOUND! lol.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.