Solved I had a virus, dont think its clean yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laika

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me.

My laptop I am running windows 7, the last few days I noticed AVG was not turn on, nor could I turn it on or update it...
Then yesterday I had an 'attack' and I could not run any virus programmes and had loads of web adverts and such pop up on my computer.

I booted in safe mode and ran ran superantispyware and malware until it was clear.

This evening I notice AVG is still not letting me do anything with it, and I tried to download and re-install it and It just Error, and will not install. From this I assume there is still something not quite right with my laptop.

I have just run the 8 steps, could someone take a look at them for me?

With GMR.. when I open it it says 'C:\Windows\system32\config\system: The system can not find the file specified' ... then says it is being used by another process.... but then it runs. Does this mean anything?

Anyway, it said it did not find anything.

Id be ever so grateful!

Many thanks

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-05-08 (09-23-55).txt
    900 bytes · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 05-09-2010 - 10-10-34.log
    465 bytes · Views: 1
Attach.txt part of DDS log is missing.

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
CREATERESTOREPOINT

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Ok shall do that, thanks.

Sorry here is the attatch file

Attachments

• Attach.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
Here they are....

Attachments

• Extras.Txt
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
  • OTL.Txt
    102.6 KB · Views: 1
Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code:
    :OTL
    IE - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings: "ProxyServer" = http=127.0.0.1:5555
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [EKIJ5000StatusMonitor] C:\Windows\SysWow64\spool\drivers\x64\3\EKIJ5000MUI.exe File not found
    O4 - HKCU..\Run: []  File not found
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\livecall {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\ms-help {314111c7-a502-11d2-bbca-00c04f8ec294} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\ms-itss {0A9007C0-4076-11D3-8789-0000F8105754} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\msnim {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O18:[b]64bit:[/b] - Protocol\Handler\wlmailhtml {03C514A3-1EFB-4856-9F99-10D7BE1653C0} - Reg Error: Key error. File not found
    O21:[b]64bit:[/b] - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
    O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
    @Alternate Data Stream - 135 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\TEMP:F7F48F12

:Services

:Reg

:Files

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [resethosts]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • You will get a log that shows the results of the fix. Please post it.
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

here they are..

Attachments

• 05092010_230937.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
  • OTL.Txt
    86.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks good :)

Please download OTC to your desktop. It'll remove most tools and logs we used so far. If any tool, file or folder (belonging to the program we have used) hasn't been deleted, please delete it manually.

• Double-click OTC.exe to run it. (Vista and 7 users, please right click on OTC and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp! button and follow the prompts.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process, choose Yes. If it doesn't ask you to reboot, restart computer manually.
  • After the reboot all the tools we used should be gone.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

==========================================================================

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Post fresh HijackThis log as well.

Your computer is clean

1. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
- Windows Vista and 7:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
8. Click OK

2. Restart computer.

3. Turn System Restore on.

4. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.

5. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!

6. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

7. Run defrag at your convenience.

8. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

9. Please, let me know, how is your computer doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back