I had some issues, please check my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some issues with this red "X" icon on my task bar and "Ultimate Anti-Virus Pro 2010" or something like that. I don't remember the namer exactly because it has since disappeared. The red "X" was constantly asking me to download a cleaner. I did some reasearch and found some old threads on these boards on how to remove them but all links to the fixes were old and did not work.

Here is my issue. They both just disappeared when I installed Firefox on this tablet. Both of the malware items were on here when I got this tablet from my mothers company. When I started converting the tablet for my own use and removing company items I ended up installing Firefo and the red "X" and fake anti virus icons are gone, but I am still having slowdowns and performance issues.

I read the 8-steps sticky and none of the programs are showing ANY type of malware at all. I have also done a scan with fully updated Symantec AntiVirus and it also shows nothing. So please check my logs and let me know what I should do. Thank you.

EDIT - I just removed uTorrent. I forgot to uninstall it before I made my logs.

You are running Symantec Norton on a tablet PC? No wonder it is slow. Hijack log looks good...

The Symantec products I have installed are Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Client NT, Avenge MicroDefs2 Corp 9 and Live Update. I left it on here because it isn't costing me anything and the updates are free. What should I switch to?

You might have to get the Symantec Removal Tool to completely remove the program. Avast free antivirus and Advanced SystemCare free is all you will need. After removing Symantec safely and completely, you should see much better performance from the tablet

ARiN, did you realize how many processes Toshiba preloads on their systems? IF not, you should review them. I've found that most users are now aware of them and don't use any or most- but they are starting on boot and running in the background.

You might start there trying to gain some 'speed.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back