I hate media player 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Again I can't seem to get my music that I legally purchased to burn to a cd so I can listen to it in my car. I put the blank cd in but it still says insert blank cd. It will recognize cds that have something on them but not if they are blank. Then I can't get the cd back out unless I restart or use a paper clip. I want to burn it from media player but why can't I? I bet no one has an answer to help on this one. I did a google and nothing works.

Why don't you use software that is meant for burning purposes.

Such as nero..

Theres also many freeware burning programs.

I could, but I want to find out why the almighty WMP doesn't work. I also like to burn it and put it back in my computer and take away the protection so I don't lose any more stupid songs I purchased. I have lost the use of several because of the stupid DRM crap.

Its windows...

Anything windows is crap compared to third party software (ie7, firewalls, media players, software)

You could burn it using another program, then rip it back into wmp.

Is it just WMP? If the drive is asking for a blank cd and you are giving it one you could have some bad disks (incompatable with your drive) or you have a bad drive or cable connection.

And don't tell us we can't help you, if you think that then don't post at all. With a problem as simple as yours we'll get your problem solved if you respond to the replies.

They play and burn fine. I have tried burning and playing other things and they work. It is when I try to burn in WMP that it won't work. I have four dvd burners and have tried all and none work with WMP. I know I could burn it with another program and have but I want to burn it with MP so I can then turn around an rip it in to lose the protection crap. I have lost too many songs to DRM and don't want to lose any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back