I Have 2 Iexplorer.exe In My Task Manager That I Cannot Stop From Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew2777

i have done the preliminary things.....when i did the trendmicro scan..it worked....but then a day later it came back
i got this virus from downloading this bittorrent application...it was a trick..and i fell for it.

i ran trendmicro again and it found nothing

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with the lop advertising trojan.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Please Download NoLop to your desktop from one of the links below...
http://www.spywareedge.net/nolop/NoLop.exe
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/...pmod;dl=item16

First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot
Double click NoLop.exe to run it
Now click the button labelled "Search and Destroy"
<<your computer will now be scanned for infected files>>
When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected, Click OK
Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
A Message should popup from NoLop.
If not, double click the program again and it will finish.

--If you receive an error, "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered," please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun the program.-- http://www.boletrice.com/downloads/mscomctl.ocx

Then, Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also, attach the C:\NoLop.log.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of matthew2777 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

ok here it is....the avg rootkit,didnt find anything

i downloaded kaspersky...to replace my current antivirus

and this time it found the no noun trojan...and it removed it...the 2 IExplorer.exe are now gone...
the trojan that it found was

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Mags Grid] C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\APPLIC~1\flagscr\stop noun.exe

i just did another HIJACK THIS ..and that entry is now gone.

but now everytime i double click the c drive it goes to search,instead of opeining the contents.i can open it by right clicking and going to open tho.

Since you have substantially changed things around, you will need to post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs. I have removed your old log files as they are no longer of any use.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of matthew2777 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back