I have 2 My Document folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

I assume it was created as a backup image when I bought my laptop from HP, It's running on Windows Vista Premium, and I'm wondering whether I should delete one of My Document folders, it's sometimes annoying, files get saved in the wrong My Document, and when I want to upload a file onto a website, the upload open popup screen opens up the wrong My Document folder. Would anything happen if I delete one of the My Document folders or etc? Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

No nothing will happen just make sure all of your documents are in the folder you are saving before you delete the extra My Documents folder.

Before you delete one of the folders you might want to right-click on the "Documents" entry in the start menu (right below your profile image) and select "Properties". Then select the "Location" tab and look at the location. This is probably the one you want to keep. Make sure all your documents are located in the folder mentioned, and delete the other one.

There is another useful option there too, the "Move folder..." button lets you move the entire "Documents" folder (with all your documents) to any location you want.

One of the My Documents folders is shortcuts. It's the one up by Desktop in Windows Explorer. The other has the actual documents. It is not recommended that you delete either folder. And since It is a system folder, you may not be able to move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back