TechSpot

I have a black popup on my computer... trojan?

By behappy
Mar 24, 2008
  1. I opened an email and I think it was a virus or trojan. I always have a black message popping stating: "Documents- and settings- c drive" and it always flashes up all the time. I know its a virus but does anyone know how to clean it?
    Does anyone know any downloads for me to get rid of this virus?
    Thanks

2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

3. behappy

behappy TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks kimland...
    is it save to use this but than still do internet banking or should i just reformat the whole computer?

4. behappy

kimland does this sound its a trojan?

5. kimsland

Yes, or a Startup entry

Please follow the steps above in full

6. behappy

can u plse explain what it is? a startup entry ? is someone watching what i do on my computer?

7. kimsland

I don't believe it is someone watching you.
    Even these programs (that watch) usually watch keystrokes only
    And, I don't believe that is what you have!

To avoid you replying back (as I keep going offline/ then online)
    Please follow the above steps (This is a recording :) )

8. behappy

thankyou do you have any idea what kind of virus it is? can i still use email and internet banking?

9. kimsland

If I were you I'd run the above steps in full. (as they are way up there now) Here's the link again: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Yes it is always wiser to confirm that you are virus /trojan free, before doing online banking. (Some users state they would rather re-install Windows before doing on-line banking, after trojans have been found) More info here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65943.html

I do not wish to further comment, until you have done all steps, and provided the attachments (please refer to the link)

10. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

Hi behappy,

Kimsland has given you good advice I suggest you follow it. There is no way for any of us to know what is on your computer without seeing logs from the suggested programs.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.