i have a couple of questions about my video card, please look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frasier

i just wanted to know exactly how bad my video card is. it seems to work fine for hl2 and doom 3 but i just wanted to see how it compares to the x850 xt etc. :giddy:
it's a sapphire ati radeon x600 pro, 256mb, pci-express
here's a link http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/x600-pro.asp

you'll notice it has VIVO (video in video out, right?). so shouldn't it use a S-video cable.

i have noticed that the s-video cables connect just fine to my dvd player but the plug for VIVO seems to be "upside down" (don't tell me to turn the cable over!)

it looks like the plastic square inside the plug is on the other side, if you know what i mean. so it keeps the s-video from plugging in.

please post your opinions...

Ati Radeon x850 xt

Hello fraiser i have an ati radeon x850 xt and nothing out there competes :approve: with the x850 xt and fraiser that video card is WONDERFUL......Good Luck....:)

compguy aka Sebastian

The connector on the card has nine pins, s-video has 4. You need an adapter. The retail versions come with one but with OEM you're on your own. Some online PC supply sites have them.

mailpup said:
The connector on the card has nine pins, s-video has 4. You need an adapter. The retail versions come with one but with OEM you're on your own. Some online PC supply sites have them.

would that be called a DVI adapter? or what?

Well to start off with here are the GB/s ratings:

X600: 9.6 (standard)
X850 XT: 34.56

Also the X850 has a 256 bit memory interface, (caompared to 128 bit of the X600)

The X850 has a 520mhz GPU, and a 1.08GHZ GDDR3 memory, compared to the X600's 400mhz GPU and 600mhz memory.

Not to go into much more detail, in short the X850 kicks ***, and you would see a significant differnce in performance.

Gaminguy I just whant to mention that I have x850 xt and WOW It is F******g Amazing If anybody could afford this video card Get IT... :grinthumb

Frasiser your card is good don't upgrade until your video card gets fried then get the x850 xt lol... :wave:

sebastian

Well, if you are satisfied with the performance you get, then stick with it... Like compguy says, there is no need to upgrade yet. But there is no doubt that you would get better performance with a new card...
You can compare the specifications for the X600pro, X800 XL and X850 XT.
And as you'll understand, the higher the values the better the performance.

To compguy, will you please learn to edit!
It is not necessary to create a new post 2 minutes after your previous one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back