TechSpot

I have a laptop DOOZY!

By Simplis-Tech
Aug 21, 2007
  1. I have a HP Pavillion dv2000. It will not boot at all! All L.E.D.'s turn on and the dvd rom spins at start up. The screen is completely black and I do not hear the fan or hard drive spinning! Whoever can come up with an inclination of a fix will be considered a CYBER-KING or QUEEN( Both have equal importance!). The laptop will not even take boot up cd. So it is official that I must say.....HELP!:bounce:

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

Not a good sign - are there any beeps at all?

3. Simplis-Tech

Simplis-Tech TS Rookie Topic Starter

none...Battery is fully charged..at first I thought it was a bad hard drive..then realized fan is not spinning...

4. AlbertLionheart

Cyber royalty not withstanding, if it is dead ( and I think it is) so what you need is a virtual undertaker.
    It is possible that the backlight has failed - I'm not being funny but boot it in a dark room - if you can see a faint image of the Windows logon on the screen this is it. Repairs should not cost more than $160/£80 + tax if this is case. This is clutching at straws as all the other symptoms look terminal. Take it to your local teccy shop and ask them? If in UK I can give you a couple of contacts.

5. Simplis-Tech

Simplis-Tech TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you your Highness ... I appreciate your time will Boot in dark and then call the city coroner if all else fails...

6. AlbertLionheart

We don't have City Coroners in UK so you must be in the US - sorry cannot help with a decent repair shop for this.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.