I have a malware, i need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start up my computer I get a message from Avast saying I have a virus VBS: Malware [Gen]. When I try to move to the chest in Avast it comes back next time I restart my computer, the location of the file is C:\DOCUME~1\Julio\LOCALS~1\Temp\1.reg I. I will appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Windows Updater<This is nasty

Close the services window.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WinUpdater.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WS2Fix.exe
C:\WINDOWS\85EBB28365AF4C539EBE7C0A232762F7.TMP

Folder::
C:\VundoFix Backups
C:\qoobox
Registry::
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Updater"=-
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runservices]
"Windows Updater"=-

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of glockwize only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Don`t worry that you couldn`t find the service. Just follow the rest of the instructions.

Please note: in the quote box in my above post, the line that reads [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\runservic es] Doesn`t actually have a space inbetween the c and es of the word services.

This is something to do with the way it`s copy and pasted.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of glockwize only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

All clean.

Delete the following folder.

C:\qoobox

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

Really appreciate your help
Regards

This thread is now closed: If you need this thread unlocking, please pm a moderator with a link to the thread.

Only the original thread starter can do this. Anyone else, will be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back