I have a problem about my laptop audio driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am a new comer here. I am glad that there are so many warm-hearted experts to help people here. I have a problem about my audio driver here. I bought a Dell Inspiron 6400 one month ago. I reinstall the OS (XP pro.) and all the drivers by myself. It worked perfectly. However, after i install the software for my new cellphone, (SONY-Ericsson 810i) on my laptop to transfer the audio, video and the pics, the sound card drive disappeared. So I reinstalled the driver (for this laptop, the audio driver is :SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio). The audio is back. But after I restart my computer, the audio is gone again. To solve the problem, I uninstalled that software for cellphone and reinstalled the driver again. This time, if I open some sort of audio player such as Windows Media player, the audio works fine. But if I close the audio player or shunt down the computer, the driver is gone again. Now the situation is if I need the audio works properly, I have to install the driver at every time I re-open the audio player or restart my computer. I guess somehow that cell-phone software screw my audio driver system. Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Thanks!

With the drivers you have for your laptop, is there one for a chipset (utility)?

If so, reinstall that and reboot your machine...then reinstall the audio driver...

Go into Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Hardware and you should see an entry Intel High Definition Audio.

Then click on that and then Properties and then properties again and then hit the checkmark on audio devices and make sure that that device is enabled.

Then repeat the whole process until you reach the Hardware page again and click on Audio Codecs and you should see yours there. It may not be the number 1 spot so select it and change the preference to 1.

I think.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back