I have a problem with "CreateDevice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a game for my PC which I was able to run without any trouble. However, I have had some sort of "automatic updates" installed and I am now unable to play the game. -- I click PLAY on the lancher and the game begins to open, but then it stops and an error window pops up saying "CreateDevice failed". Once I click OK on the window a second window pops up and says "The device does not support the queried technique" -- I click OK and the game exits.

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I appreciate your help in advance.

I've never heard of it myself, but there's so many different things that can happen. :mad:

It might help out if you can give us some more information, like what game it is. Maybe someone here has expeience with it.

By rule of thumb, when problems like this occur, it is worth downloading the latest update for your game and the latest video drivers for your video card. So in the meantime, try those ideas and see if the problem gets resolved.

If it IS a problem specific to that particular game, unless someone here has experience with it, you will probably be better off contacting the game's technical support. If it is a problem with the game, then they probably deal with that particular problem all the time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back