I have a problem with Vundo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonchoPete

I have CA anti virus. Every time I turn on my computer I scan for spyware and Vundo appears. Even after I delete it the previous day it comes back. On top of that I have to delete spy ware every half hour and my system is slower than it usually is. Any help would be appreciated. I have the Logs attached to this thread. Agian, any help would be appreciated.

-PonchoPete

Code:
->[B] No action taken[/B] on MBAM scan, for found issues
[LIST]
[*]For unanswered items appearing in the log, please remedy:
[LIST]
[*]No Action Taken ---> Remove Selected
[*]Delete on Reboot --->  Exit and restart the computer
[/LIST][/list]
Code:
[B]UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions[/B]
[COLOR="Blue"][B]Step 4[/B] - Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware[/COLOR]
  1. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
      • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
      • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
      • please attach this log with your reply
      • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
      • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

2. Please re-run Malwarebytes
  3. Confirm updated (third tab)
  4. Then do the above message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

Removed all found Issues

Sorry about that. I um scanned it and it came up clean and scanned it again, came up clean again, my system seems to working fine but CA anti-virus scans a few low threat adwares occasionally. I don't know if I should be worried but heres the fresh log for Malware. Thanks again

-PonchoPete

.... came up clean again, .... CA anti-virus scans a few low threat adwares occasionally. I don't know if I should be worried ...-PonchoPete
It sounds like your protection is set to a more secure setting that cleans cookies and adware. I'd leave it alone. I favor lengthy logfiles over taking risks.

Every 2 weeks or so, scan with MBAM & SAS to confirm protections coming from resident security programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back