I have a strange HDD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a western digital 320 gig. HDD. I put it in my comp and everything worked fine for about 4 days. I used the HDD as a backup for music and things. I turned on my comp. and on the first screen It had my original HDD(32756?), My CD Drives and then My new Hdd which out beside it had 0MB then it restarted and now it won't even show up in my computer? Can anyone plz. help me I would greatly appreicate it.

Johnathanmonkey

Go to the Western Digital website to download their latest drive fitness test... then see if you can run it. It is a quick way to look for defective drives.
New Hard drives fail because they get damaged in shipping, or because of a defective chip on the back. Western Digital will replace it, if your vendor will not.

If it fails their fitness test they'll replace it, without a reciept, if it is still under warranty (which they can tell by the serial number).

most new drives carry a 5 year warranty. New drives are known to fail. I hope you saved the receipt.

You don't need the receipt. Its all based on serial number, the companies know when the drive was made based on the serial number. They replace the drive regardless of whether you have the receipt or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back