I have a very very very bad virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been surfing your site for two days - and every bit of information that I have read I have used (so thank you for your help so far.) Yesterday I thought for sure that the problem was resolved - but low and behold the nasty bug showed up again. I am hoping that you can help me fix our lap top. What shows up on McAfree and PC Tools program is back door. generic. when we scanned it yesterday - we had 209 infected files, removed them with our PC Tools Spy Dr. program and the computer was quite, and running well. Then it went from good to horrible. Our spyware and virus protection was popping up every 15 second with virus found, virus quarintined, file unrepairable- we quickly shut down, closed the lap top but it was obvious that it was still running... so we removed the battery. Is this hopeless? Now would probably be a good time to let you know that I am a little "short bus" when it comes to computers - but I will be willing to do what I have to do to avoid a costly repair.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of CarlieQD only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back