I have a whole slew of multiple daily BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, when I first built this computer all was working well. For about a month or so I have started to get a LOT of BSOD. I have NO idea what the BCCODES mean. I DO however have the minidump files and the BCCODE numbers that I have gotten. This is starting to get REALLY frustrating as it happens every day atleast 3 times a day. Two days ago I reformatted this computer and put a fresh copy of 7 on it. I am STILL getting these errors even after that.

The codes I have encountered are as follows. I have ONLY been documenting them since yesterday and here they are:

5/12/10 D1

5/12/10 1000007e

5/13/10 124

Any and ALL help is very much appreciated. I would owe you guys BIG for helping me.

Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any.

Please attach your your five most recent minidump files in your next post. If you have overclocked ease back on timings, voltage, etc.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back