I have instaled a slave hard drive

By parapa05
May 27, 2005
  1. :blackeye: I have instaled ahard drive to vase some files however I did not create a folder to save the files, now the harddrive has he data but does not let me see it, how can I open this?, You can tell I'm new with computers, please help
  2. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,512

:wave: Hello and Welcome to Techspot :wave:

When you installed the harddrive, did you set the jumpers correctly? If there are any other devices on the cable, set it to slave, and if there are no other devices on the channel set it as master.

If that doesn't fix the problem, go into the bios (usually by pressing <del> at startup) and look around until you find the harddrive configuration (often under a "basic" tab). There go into the properties of the harddrive and write down what it says. Then try changing how the drive is accessed to LBA and reboot. If that doesn't work, change it back and set the size to Large and reboot. If nothing works, post back and we'll see what else we can come up with.

Oh, and please post your system specifications (at least maker and model of motherboard and OS) so we can help you better in the future....
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.