I have no control panel can't access the internet. HJT log posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on fixing a friends computer. I can't do a fresh install because there is stuff on there she needs that hasn't been saved and backed up. She would prefer to just rid herself of the viruses/malware. The problems I'm having is I can't connect the computer to the internet. If I plug in the ethernet cable or even the wireless USB reciever it shuts down and I get ther IRQL_EQUAL_OR_LESS error. I also have no control panel and when I try to access it it says your typical access denied please refer to your computer adminstrator error but I am logged on as Administrator. I ran ad-aware and it rid of somethings but other things it can't get rid of. I also tried install SuperAntispyware and it won't let me install it even while in safe mode. I ran the HJT log while in safe mode. Any help would be great thanks.

I apparently have to post a few more. Its not letting me post the HJT log

I would consider myself pretty good with computers also. I'm comfortable working with regedit. Ad-aware also cleaned the boot sector but the malware keeps coming back.

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.
(Moderator edit: Please do not copy and paste your logs. Instead, post them as attachments only in either .txt or .log format. To learn how to attach a log file, please see HERE.

Hi elandgraver and welcome to techspot. =)

I suggest you do the following before doing anything else

Important: Please read this thread HERE before deciding if you should CLEAN or FORMAT your system

Should you decide to that cleaning your system is the best option, please go to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread.
Do not copy and paste your logs if not they will be removed.

Our experts here will tend to your queries thereafter.

Also, please provide the results of the Antirootkit scan

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of elandgraver only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and The Web forum.

I would still recommend you post the logs. Often times symptoms that go away do not automatically mean that the infection is totally gone. A thorough check for cleaning would be the safest option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back