I have no sound. How do I get onboard sound working plz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladebc1

i have rebooted my whole harddrive, wiping out everthinking useing the bootdisk that came with my computer, when i installed everthink for some reason i can't get any sound. when i play a video or music it says Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.

here are the stuff below about my computer that may help you help me

Processor a

1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Main Circuit Board b

Board: ASUSTek Computer INC. A8NE-FM 1.00
Serial Number: 123456789000
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8NE-FM ACPI BIOS Revision 1004 03/10/2005 03/10/2005

System Model
System Serial Number: 123456789000
Asset Tag: 123456789000

Operating System
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You should be able to get the drivers from HERE.

May I suggest you download your chipset drivers as well as the sound drivers etc.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i've went here but it's the A8N-E bios

i need to find the drives for the sound card, if you mean that i need to go into the bios could you give me steps on how to do so plz thankyou

No, I mean your mobo is an Asus A8NE-FM 1.00. The link I gave you is for the Asus website where you can download the drivers for your mobo.

When you get to the site, click on select product and choose motherboard. Then, click on select series and choose socket939. Then click on select model and choose A8NE. This will take you to the download page for your particular model of mobo.

Regards Howard :)

can i ask what Chip set should i dl

can i ask what Chip set should i dl, i'm not 100% certen because i'm running an AMD Athlon 64

1.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

The chipset drivers are for your mobo. Again, you will find them on the download page for your particular mobo model. Download the latest ones. They should have a release date.

sorry but i cna't find anythink on my AMD Athlon 64

the chip set wich i'm looking for is not there, hmm but anyhow i've got my sound working thxs to you dude

If you click on the drivers tab of the downloads page, you will find your chipset drivers. About half way down the page. Make sure you download the correct drivers for your version of Windows.

hmm

na it's okay, i'll just leave it unless u give me a good reason to do so beacuse i really don't need to delete it unless you where saying like upgrade to AMD Athlon 128, i duna if u can do that with flashing the chipset thats overwriting it but its much cheaper n less hassle to jus buy it i think anyhow i still don't really know

rock on \m/^_^\m/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back