I have spyware and am unable to remove it. Hijack this log attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I stupidly clicked aan exe file I REALLY shouldnt have and my pc became riddled with all sorts of nastyness and would'nt even log on to my dektop. I have since spent many nicotine fuelled hours trying to clean up the mess I made but a few files are unwilling to shft and Im fresh out of ideas.

One file in particular thats bugging me is "wuauclt1.exe" eveytime I delete this it reappears before my eyes. Would you good people be kind enough to look at my lof file and advise me how to make my pc squaky clean once more?

Many thanks.

C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
put HijackThis in e.g C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.

Boot in Safe Mode, see how here.
Switch System restore OFF, see how here.
In Windows Explorer, turn on "show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.

Next, open Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
Click the Processes tab, select the process (if there) and click End Process for:
is-71PQ8.tmp
wuauclt10.exe
wudupdate.exe
smmss.exe <<== watch spelling!
Next, run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
...................................................................................................
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {5F1ABCDB-A875-46c1-8345-B72A4567E486} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [shell32] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Client Server Runtime Process] C:\WINDOWS\system32\smmss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows update] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wudupdate.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download Control Class) - http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
...................................................................................................
Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

When done, from between the above dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
Rightclick IE on the desktop, select Properties, click on Delete Cookies, and Delete Files.
Delete ALL files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp (except files dated from TODAY).
XP only: Delete ALL files from C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch.
Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

Kewl

Thankyou

Much of my problems are no more and things are running more somoothly.
However, "wuauclt1.exe" not "wuauclt10" is still present. I did not try to remove it again as you did not tell me to :) Also, I was unable to delete "optimize.exe-1e71b34e.pf" and "optimize.exe-0703b288.pf" from the prefetch folder. Access is apparently denied. I considered contacting my system administrator but then I realzed it was me. That was a very strange conversation.

Kindly look at my new and improved HJT log and let me know that things are ok once more in the land of me?

I can't tell you anything about a program I don't see anywhere.

Deal with it the same way as wuauclt10.exe

The log is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back