I have: TROJANS, NON-FUNCTIONING FIREWALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks to all who read this and hopefully you can help.

Most importantly, my firewall has been turned off. When I try to activate it again, I get this message: "The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if your running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed."

Second are the TROJANS. I have one in particular that I believe started even more problems. The one where in your tray it says, "critical system error". Ever since that one, my computer gets worse and worse. I've run McAfee scans and hitman pro twice on my computer yesterday. Still have the problems. One program from hitman asked me to buy spyware doctor, I think, inorder for the program to fix certain trojans. Question for you is, should I buy or is there other free programs that can take care of this.

For your sake, I'm not completely new to computers. But I wouldn't say I'm intermediate yet.

I'd appreciate anyone's help. THANKS

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of QP56 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi, thanks for the help. I must ask you for more info though. The following are not functioning: windows installer, printer no longer connected, audio not working, firewall no longer working, screen goes blank (meaning all icons dissappear) I cannot continue your instructions without my firewall at least. Any clue?

If all your problems are due to a malware infestation, it might be wise to backup your important data and reformat.

However, without seeing a HJT log as per these instructions, I can`t tell what`s on your system.

So, before you do anything else, please attach a HJT log and I`ll advise you further.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of QP56 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back