By kmalone0023
Dec 6, 2005
  1. Hello laides and gentlemen. I have two very important questions...

1. I have a piece of crap mother board with only PCI for my video card. I want a new one that supports my RAM CPU and a PCI-E slot. When i get my new motherboard and put it into my comp. Do i need to re-install Windows on my hardrive or will everything just work fine?

2. Right Now I have 1 gig ram 2.66 ghz CPU and most importantly:

PCI 256 MB 128 bit NVIDIA GeFoce 5500 FX video card

Will this be decent enough to play Call of Duty with no Lagg??
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

you will need to reinstall windows. or do a repair install. but a clean format and reinstall is the best option.
  3. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,221

From Original Post:
    Ummm, if you keep the res down to 800X600 or maybe 1024X768 you might be ok. Did you mean COD or COD2? If you meant COD2, then I think you're going to have probs with that 5500 , PCI card. Increase the game's hunkmegs/heapmegs to 500Megs, and increase your pagefile size to 1.5Gb, but I still think you're toast with COD2 and the 5500Fx.

Here's a tweak guide for COD2, but mostly equivalent stuff for COD. These tweaks really help increase your FPS and reduce on-line lag, so try them if you're serious about getting good game play.

Frag on!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.