TechSpot

i hope they are finally gone!

By cassie
Oct 11, 2006
  1. hello,

I followed all the instructions to remove ishost, ismini and other viruses and malware (little buggers) from my pc. I just done a hjt scan and i would like to know if you could just check to see if everything is back to normal.

thank you.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8250062F-49E4-4D7F-B3DD-A158B142EDAD} - (no file)

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{AEC5F9E0-19D4-4DE7-843A-1B6C519E7DA3}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145<Only fix this, if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Fix all 018-Protocol entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Other than the above, your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cassie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. cassie

cassie TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you howard for your help,I couldn't not done it without you!!!!

i am sorry to ask a silly question and i am sure that when you will tell me the answer i'll be like (duh, of course) but where can i find my isp ip adress to check if it belong to it or not?????????

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

This is what I use to find ip address info.

I`ve just taken a look at yours and it resolves to AOL. In other words, if AOL is your isp, don`t fix that 017 entry.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cassie only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

5. cassie

cassie TS Rookie Topic Starter

thank you,

finally, after I scratched my head for a week,
    IT'S DONE
    i am soooooooooo glad...it was stressful!!!!!(lol)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.