TechSpot

I insert a disc with written files on..when i try open it on my comp,it freezes

By Jker
Nov 4, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Before i restored my computer, i put some files on a blank CD. I put jpeg and gif files, and photoshop and some fonts in the disk.

After restored, had problems with screen resolution etc, fixed all that after a few hours...

but now new problem. When i insert the disc with my files in, nothing happens, so i click on my computer and then open the cd, the computer just freezes...damn i wait...nothing...so then i go to task manager and end the task. 2minutes(literally 2minutes) later computer works normal.

How do i fix this? Thanks to whoever helps :) It's greatly appreciated.

-Jker
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,817   +163

Try to read the disc on another system...

You said some of the files are in a Photoshop format. Has Photoshop been reinstalled after the computer restore?
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

sounds like a driver or registry issue.
  4. Fragrant Coit

Fragrant Coit TS Maniac Posts: 579

It must read other discs ok - or you wouldn't have re-installed successfully... Is the CD Dirty / Scratched? If so, you can get it buffed at a Video Store.

If it looks OK, try reading it on a friends PC - perhaps it was a bad burn?
  5. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

neat method to polish disc's
    banana wipe a piece on the disc use the banana peel to rub in
    rinse off
    banana oils are used to polish leather (old school )I used when I was in Navy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.