I just built a new computer but it won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just built a new computer and everything seems to be in order. i had a friend of mine check it over to be sure. when i turn the computer on, there are no error beeps and it appears to be ok. Then the screen sometimes says insert system disk but usually it just turns itself off and then back on about 10 seconds later? I have 5 fans that are all wworking so i doubt it's the cooling that causes the restart. could it be my power supply? thanks

Hi Cyberwolf,

hmm, what are your system specs?
Can you get in the bios? f12 during boot, are bios
settings correct? Latest bios?
Loaded all native drivers, that came with the mobo?
Does it boot into windows?
If it does, look in hardware manager to see
if system needs a driver.
If it asks for system disc, you mean Os setup disk?

Grtz,
charp:giddy:

Transform !.. and roll out!

Correct me if I am wrong:

From the way you described the problem it sounds like this is a brand new system that you have never installed anything on and when you try to boot the system for the first time to start installing windows it doesn't do anything but shut down after 10 seconds.

If that is true have you checked in the motherboard manual to make sure that there isn't a jumper set to cmos clear. It isn't as common as it used to be but I know there used to be quick a few mobo manufactures that would ship all of their motherboards out like that and you would have to change the jumper settings to the normal settings.

Although you you could be right about there being a possible PSU problem.

well thanks to everyone who replied to my problem. i got a computer savvy friend of mine to look at it and it turns out that i forgot my grounding screws so my motherboard was shorting out every time i turned it on :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back