I just made the best cookie dough....

Rick

Staff
I made the tastiest cookie dough, but my cookies suck? How in the hell does that happen?

I've been tinkering with cookie ingredients.. Looks like I have some work still.

Any good recipes out there, Techspotters?

Hey Rick, here's my wife's recipe for Macadamian Nut cookies. Go to the grocery store, the dairy section, and pick up a package of those pull apart cookies, pay at the check out, take home, follow directions on package.

<----Enjoy. HoHoHo, Merry Christmas.

Originally posted by olefarte
Hey Rick, here's my wife's recipe for Macadamian Nut cookies. Go to the grocery store, the dairy section, and pick up a package of those pull apart cookies, pay at the check out, take home, follow directions on package.

<----Enjoy. HoHoHo, Merry Christmas.

ROFL! heres my recipe: go to safeway, down the snacks aisle, and pick up the package of cookies of your choice

I have some awesome cookie dough too - it's called "peanut butter". But the cookies don't come out that good for some reason :(

Originally posted by Rick
I made the tastiest cookie dough, but my cookies suck?

When I saw this thread, you made me think of something funny from the days of wasteland tech.
I don't think I need to repeat it here, but....

Oh, and that link Nic posted really is worth a look, its a huge database of recipes.

Originally posted by conradguerrero
To keep your fresh baked cookies soft, try placing a piece of bread in with the cookies.

Does that actually work/help?? If so lemme kno cuz i always hate how they go hard.

Heres my secret tho ----> 18.1337 seconds in the microwave = Perfect, right out of the oven :D

That's a good link, Nic! They have a lot of recipes that look really good. I might just use those instead of pulling one out of my #$%. ;)

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Does that actually work/help?? If so lemme kno cuz i always hate how they go hard.

Your choice of ingredients in your cookies and how you bake them will determine how soft your cookies are.

Some ways to make your cookies softer are using...

1.) Cake flour instead of all purpose flour
2.) Baking powder instead of baking soda
3.) Use as little salt as possible (unsalted butter, for example)
4.) Shortening instead of butter
5.) Whipping your dough so it is light and fluffy bjefore baking
6.) Make larger cookies
7.) Bake at lower temperatures (325-350*F for example)
8.) Pull out cookies before they are done and let them air bake.

I've also heard adding fruit juice to your dough will soften your cookies.

I have found many of these things work very well.

One of the problems with my cookies, I have found, was the lack of butter. I made the mistake of using half vegetable shortening. I recommend using all butter for the best taste! My cookies were considerably better when I increased the amount of butter. They still lack some flavor though. Perhaps I will cut back the flour. When I put the final touches on my recipe, I will post it here.

Back