I just removed several virus' and malware - please check my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having problems with pop ups and also with my search engine redirecting to ad sights. I followed the directions "UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions" Please let me know if everything looks ok.

Was or is Norton running normally?You had quite a mess of nasties. You have some Windows Updates needed, including Vista Service Pack 2 and IE8. Make sure that you select "check for updates" until there are no more found. You may have to restart if an update fails to install, then try installing the update after the restart

Norton is always running.

I am unsing "Norton Internet Security" and it is always running. It updates every 6 minutes, it seems that way at least. Norton was stopping alot of attacks on my computer, but it was the pop ups and the redirecting of my serch engines that was really bothersome. I will update all the other things you suggested. Although, I do not use IE, I use google chrome. Thank you for responding so quickly. So does everything else look ok?

"It updates every 6 minutes"...

Yikes, I knew I disliked anything Symantec! I would suggest that you remove Norton, but it won't be easy to do... Logs look good. Happy computing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back