I keep crashing. Sometimes randomly

Can we know the specs of this computer? Laptop, desktop make and model?
Ntoskrnl.exe
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

It is an Asus G73JH. 6gb of RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870, Intel Core i7 i7-720QM / 1.6 GHz, 500gb hdd. so in other words it is a laptop. no there are not any yellow exclamations in the device manager. I just reformatted it with a clean install for windows 7 home premium (64 bit) legit NOT pirated so we can rule that out.

Btw, not using the laptop to post; as the laptop crashes whenever it feels like it.

just reformatted it with a clean install for windows 7 home premium ... Are all the ASUS drivers and Windows Updates installed?

All asus drivers installed, it crashed the first time doing the windows updates. I will try to do the updates again, but I do not think it will help >_<

Yea the clean install yesterday had no errors. I have finally got the updates installed. So far no issues. I have Dota2 running right now against bots and I am just going to let it sit there. I ran Furmark to see if it was the gpu, but the gpu did not freak out or cause the system to crash.

Weird thing to toss in too, not sure if it's related, but the sound is only coming out of the subwoofer located near the touch pad. Even with the realtek hd audio codecs installed

For these errors
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
there are two possibilities:
  1. Bad memory
  2. Bad HD
99% of the time it is the memory.

Well surprisingly I am running my laptop for the past 4 hours right now with no issues. Still going to look into getting new RAM and a new hdd. I will keep this forum posted as I try new things. If I get another BSOD, I will post it

Back