I keep hearing this noise. What is it?

donjo13

This noise is annoying. It sounds like some kind of morse code or something. It sometimes goes da da da....datdatdatdat Or like 3 long and then 3 short. Sometimes it sounds like an electrical gallop instead. It comes through everything. My car radio (all over town) and I have noticed it 30 miles away from my house, my pc,tv,stereo,our work pcs 20 miles away. We are haunted by it. Its not loud and doesnt happen continually. Sometimes it doesnt happen for hours. But it when it does, it gets our attention. Sometimes we even get lines through our monitor screens when it happens. What the heck is this?

It sounds like interference from a mobile phone(cell phone).

If you have one of the above devices, try turning it off, and see if the noise goes away.

Regards Howard :)

Thats what I thought at first, but I dont have one around most of the time when I hear it. For instance I just heard it and my wife has our mobile at work with her, so unless its a neighbors or someone close by.....

it could be little pixies in your head playing gameboy.....you can flush them out by pouring petrol(or any flammable liquid)in your ear and setting fire to it.... :evil:

It must the those little Green Men (locally also known as Leprechauns). They are EVERYwhere!
Or is your I-Pod glued to your ear?
Did your pet eat someone's (still active) mobile phone?

Serious though, thought of visiting an ear-doctor?
Do you have a 'noisy' pacemaker or hearing-aid?

Call your area Electrical company and ask them. Sounds like they have some problem with their transformers/transmission lines. Are you a techy, can you put an oscilloscope on your ac lines and look for some spurious signal?

Serious though, thought of visiting an ear-doctor?
Do you have a 'noisy' pacemaker or hearing-aid?
Both him AND his wife? Not likely.

OR it could be UFOs it's that time of the year. :cool:

Funny stuff. However it would have to be everyone at my office, everyone at my pt time job, everyone in my immediate family, and several other folks who have also noticed this problem and have asked me what it could be. I believe the students at Gallaudet University could hear this. I guess nobody knows.

firebug!

toffeapple said:
it could be little pixies in your head playing gameboy.....you can flush them out by pouring petrol(or any flammable liquid)in your ear and setting fire to it.... :evil:
Some people here in Vegas are asking me: where, exactly, was this toffeapple character when the MGM Grand went up in flames? Oh, and that little thing in the Oakland Hills? We thought he was tryin to warm up IRELAND?

What should I tell 'em, now you're advocatin brain incineration?

donjo- you don't live near Area 51, by any chance? I used to hear stuff like that, but that was in the 60's (I think), and toff's mushrooms may have been the root of it. :rolleyes:

Nah, can't be. They can't maintain an infrastructure capable of emitting steady beeps.Iceland, on the other hand.....

Yeah those Icelandic secret agents are a crafty bunch....you would never know but they could be living right next door to you planning stuff with beeps and blips and all kind of strange goings on......I wouldnt trust um....

lol Russians, its gotta be the russians, i keep hearing same thing on my coputer with my crappy speakers and it doesnt matter if i make it louder its stays the samv and it goes bi biiibi biibib bla bla bla something like that lol seriously i think this computer thing is related to internet somehow, but how do u explian those beeps on radio !!!

donjo13 said:
Funny stuff. However it would have to be everyone at my office, everyone at my pt time job, everyone in my immediate family, and several other folks who have also noticed this problem and have asked me what it could be. I believe the students at Gallaudet University could hear this. I guess nobody knows.
Does it sound like this?
CLICK>>>HERE<<<
I go to Taos as often as I can. Absolutley Beautiful!
But if you are one that can hear this, you won't get any sleep.
I've heard it every time I've been there. Doesn't really bother me.

This site Taos, NM. Hum says it's getting reports from all over the world now.

Who Knows?.......not me any ways :bounce:

edit: Should let you know "I have an over medicated cold" puke:
& I'm hearing all kinds of noises just now :giddy:

Back