I lost all my desktop icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey im not exactly what you would call computer savy (so im sorry if this isn't a n00b friendly forum) but i found a similar problem to my own on this forum and needed some more help.
I lost all my desktop icons, i have a toolbar and start menu but i cannot right click and unhide my desktop icons and im pretty sure i didn't clear them all off. i can't put new icons on my desktop either. lol someone help me :)

Edit: please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

What OS are you running? What were you doing with the system before you lost your icons?
Why are you unable to right click on the toolbar?

From my experience, you do not lose icons, people delete them. Did you check your recycle bin. If they are there restore them. If not, restore a restore point to a time when they were there

Mercury37 said:
hey im not exactly what you would call computer savy (so im sorry if this isn't a n00b friendly forum) but i found a similar problem to my own on this forum and needed some more help.
I lost all my desktop icons, i have a toolbar and start menu but i cannot right click and unhide my desktop icons and im pretty sure i didn't clear them all off. i can't put new icons on my desktop either. lol someone help me :)

Edit: please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.
No need to feel like we will YELL at you for not being computer saavy.

Everyone has to start learning somewhere. And by recognizing that and trying to solve your problems, that is the first step!

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

3rd times the charm

hey guys i have no idea why it did that and i don't recall doing anything strange that would make it do it. but i rebooted my computer once and did nothing, and then again, and the 3rd time my screen appeared magic!! all is back. lol i feel so stupid. sorry for wasting your time guys :) thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back