I lost memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoth

K dudes i like had some things on my usb flash drive i didnt want people seeing so I locked it with the software on my usb flash drives software and then i accidently deleted the software or something...anyways long story short I had 512 mb and now I only have 334mb.......so HOw do i get it b ack to 512? I even went to like tools folder option sshow hidden folders or something and i couldn't find the program!!! so does any1 know what I can do? I cant return the usb i lost the reciet and the box that came with it a very long time ago......Its by verbatim or something please HELP!!!!!

ooooh and 1 more thing now that i look at my drive it says PUBLICZONE it didn't say that b4

ummmmm your talking to a noob.....and i don't think rebooting my comp and booting a xp cd and deleting a partion is gonna here.....however I did go to my computer.. and i saw the drive it was called "public zone" im guessing the zone i cant see is called "private zone " or something anyways I formated that drive but its only out of 334mbs i had 512 so I am guessing its lost 4eveR?

NO, do not reformat your Hard Drive! That is a colossal error! I meant, plug in the flash drive, close any windows that open, go to my computer, right-click on the drive, and click format. Hopefully that would fix the problem.

hmmmmm i cant and i even tried a shredder ( files only = [ ).....I can't use the upload

Your talking about clicking on the acual drive and clicking format right? bcuz that doesnt WORK!!! It only formats the 334 mbs.....i wish i could show you but he upload feature doesnt work

thanks anyways guys ........once again i have discovered the error = D the first time it wasn't the **** powr supply it was my ****ed up drivers .......this time i donno what hte probelm was I guess i delte the software or soemthing anywys I went through a pdf and it said to dl some software and that would allow me to acess my privacy zone.....so i did and BAM i got my stuff = D perhaps you guys should consider dling some of this software it REALLY WORKS........of course it might drive the person stealing your usb insane

There is a fair chance that you could have gone into disk management and seen what it looked like there, it should tell you the full size of the drive even if some other program has created an inaccessable zone. From there you may have been able to format the drive to get all 512 back, or delete the partitions on the drive and then created a new one. Although I'm not sure if you can do that with flash drives.

Flash Drive "locked"

OK...so I'm working on a MAC...have a 128MB Flash Drive (MicroAdvantage...actually NoAdvantage!) and all of a sudden I can't copy files to it as it's locked and I can't erase it and if I click on the unlock icon, it doesn't change the disk which is still locked...do I hit it? place it in the woodstove? talk nice to it (so far, it's only heard foul and abusive language)?

Any help would be gratefully received.

THANKS

P.S. This is my first post...I hope I haven't entered a world of superior PC types who'll flay me for entering their domain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back