I Might Have Vundo....Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me out here. I have recently started getting popup windows for things like SkyPoker and BTPodShow, all of the popups have either 65.243.103.60 or 89.188.16.16 in the address bar. These popups are making my computer run a lot slower, especially for about 5 minutes before a window pops up.

I suspect that this infection may be Vundo and I think it comes from a suspicious .exe file that my girlfriend may have downloaded. I have run Spybot a few times, and the same with Ad-Aware, Spyware Doctor and PCGuard and i'm getting nothing showing up in the scans.

I downloaded VundoFix and used that, which found a few files, but have found nothing since then. The popups are less frequent than they were, but they still appear.

I dont know if this is related, but svchost.exe appears 8 times in my Task Manager.

I have attached a copy of my HJT logfile, can someone please help me out, let me know if you need anything else.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of nicktendo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I started to run an AVG scan, but my PC crashed half way through, probably due to the number of files it deleted. Then after I restarted, it kept logging me off as soon as i saw my wallpaper! After all this I decided to start new, and have since replaced the infected drive and all seems clear. Thank you for the help in any case.

Hello, nicktendo, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

I see i've come in a bit late but i'm glad to see you got your problem sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back