I need A Volunteering Frontpage editor For my site. Gifts may be givin.

akaivan

Yea i know some of yall love to do it.. WEll it really sux for me becuase i really screw things up on my page. at http://www.kinglabel.co.nr

Well i would need someone to update it once in a while.. I wouuld send you the index file over email. Or just enter it in from frontpage.. Please help.. Evantually ill probly give you a tshirt for your help :D

Get a free package like AceFTP for uploading and AceHTML for editing, to look after your web-needs.
Frontpage is just a piece of s h i t e.

If you don't know what FTP or HTML is, I wonder what you are doing with a website....
And having Dreamweaver will be even of less use to you, if you can't even get crap like Frontpage to work!

well the topic is "I need A Volunteering Frontpage editor For my site" so lol. its not for me to do it..lol

Your site just says "comming soon", is it already built or not?

If you want somebody to build your page, or do updates, I'm sure they'll need more then just the index page!

I wouldn't touch Frontpage with a 20ft pole. I'm no fan of Dreamweaver either except for some of its more special functions. I prefere common sense and Notepad :)

In any case, web design is not as simple as some think, and unless you already have a site built and just need the smallest of occasional changes, this person will probably want to be paid. But if you already built a whole site, how hard can it be to make your own small changes?

So what's the scoop?

no its not built yet, lol.. i did that coming soon with frontpage.. kinda easy. i just needed some1 that would like to edit and create the site wen needed

Vigilante said:
Your site just says "comming soon", is it already built or not?

If you want somebody to build your page, or do updates, I'm sure they'll need more then just the index page!

I wouldn't touch Frontpage with a 20ft pole. I'm no fan of Dreamweaver either except for some of its more special functions. I prefere common sense and Notepad :)

In any case, web design is not as simple as some think, and unless you already have a site built and just need the smallest of occasional changes, this person will probably want to be paid. But if you already built a whole site, how hard can it be to make your own small changes?

So what's the scoop?

holy jesus, are people still using that? i'd rather use freakin notepad! not to mention that MS made frontpage so that its pages look screwy in any browser except for IE, which is yet another, $hittier, MS software.

ahh thankyou bnX, btw zephead, if u play around with frontpage. you can get it to work on firefox and exedra, or just use dreameweaver.

zephead said:
holy jesus, are people still using that? i'd rather use freakin notepad! not to mention that MS made frontpage so that its pages look screwy in any browser except for IE, which is yet another, $hittier, MS software.
Zep, you hit it square!
I'll make a bid for this project.
akaivan, take a look at some sites I've built. Once I have them installed you can update them yourself through admin panel.

1. The Want Ads

2. My-YardSale

3. Hi Speed Help

4. Dearthair Security (Under construction)

This will include all software and most any feature you could want:
Forum
Calendar
shopping cart
Articles
Shoutbox
the list goes on.

Who is your host and what kind of account is it, MS or linux?

7.gif

The pic is just to make you laugh!

Lol, Considering all sites have basically the same template which i doubt you actually made yourself. Each site has 6-10 members , I wouldnt bother wasting your time buying more domains and wasting your time making websites if you cant

BnX said:
Lol, Considering all sites have basically the same template which i doubt you actually made yourself. Each site has 6-10 members , I wouldnt bother wasting your time buying more domains and wasting your time making websites if you cant
They aren't my sites but what I built for people.
It's all free software, well supported.
Many different themes too.
Are you some how jealous that I made a bid for free, to help a TS member?
The object here is to provide something easy to use for people in akaivan's
situation. FP sux!
I will take your attack and slander as a vote of confidence, since I seem to
have un-intentionally threatened you with the sites.

Thanks!

yay socrates saves the day. Lol well all thoes aer really nice but my buddie sais it has 2 be black and red theme.. CAuse it matches most of my pix. lol. if you can please post some more but if you cant thanks anyway. u have bin a great help to me on ts =)

If your site is based around a forum, similar to TS here, TS is more or less built on the VBulletin forums, but I don't believe that's free.
If you want a forum-based site, look into PHPBB (http://www.phpbb.com/.
It's extremely common for forums, as is VB, and there are umpteen million color themes and layouts out there for customizing the looks.
They have user managing, calendars, all kinds of "hacks" to add features, most free.

If, instead, you are looking for a site that is NOT forum based, well, PHPBB is still good to use as your fourm :)

akaivan said:
yay socrates saves the day. Lol well all thoes aer really nice but my buddie sais it has 2 be black and red theme.. CAuse it matches most of my pix. lol. if you can please post some more but if you cant thanks anyway. u have bin a great help to me on ts =)
Thank you!
Don't limit yourself to any one thing just yet. You are in a reasearch mode for now, until you decide what you want plus what you need. TS has members that know of many other web tools and builders too.

I use PHP programs:
SMF (simple machine forum) & TP (Tiny portal) {both are free}to create these sites. There are many themes available along with many addon mods and functions.
Phpbb is an awesome forum too along with other systems. I've settled on my combination after 3 months of testing 30 other systems, both free and purchase, however my choices are just my opinion. For me function is more important over look and feel. This system can be setup so each of your viewer/members can choose any theme they like without changing any functions of your site.
Most important to this system, you need to have PHP host for your domain.

here are the link to what I use:
Simple Machine Forum

TinyPortal

Many large sites have switched to smf such as www.phpfreaks.com

Look things over let us know what you want and need.

Back