I need an expert on mini stereos (jvc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

my friend has a jvc mx-z10 mini stereo. the cd player has stopped working. it tries to read the cd and only spins it. mp3 cds arent woking, we know they worked before. there are still some that do work. we have no idea why it stopped workin.

Cd drives can wear out, the laser carriage slide along on 2 rails, excessive wear means that the laser cant always align correctly.

It could also be a dirty lens, have you tried a laser lens cleaner?

also try applying a high quality synthetic lubricent to the gears in the laser mechinism and the rails it moves on. be carefull not to get any on the lense.sometimes a good lube job can get a dieing laser along for a year or two. However the laser unit is probably on it's last legs so even if you get it working it is probably a good idea to look for a new system.

Or you can connect an external personal cd player. My dad did that when his stereo stopped playing cd´s.

He even used an old computer cd player and connected it to the stereo!

Clean the lens with isopropyl alcohol on a cotton swab and then use hot water(Very lightly) on an other swab to remove the traces. Lightly use a kleenex to remove the water.

If it doesn't work, the laser pickup might need to be changed. There are a lot of popular models, but if this one isn't, a new CDP is needed. A $30 DVD player could play MP3s.

Also, there's a small adjustment control on the pickup itself. If there's one, it's the laser power normally. With a small screwdriver, the power can be raised a bit and it might work again, but I can't say that it will be a long term solution since the laser is being burnt faster that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back