I need five new 120mm fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinders

Five quiet 120mm fans that I can plug into a motherboard header. They need to produce at least 65 CFM (a number I pretty much arbitrarily decided on) each and be 32dB or under. Thirty-two dB is about the sound level in the average room. This is for my main computer that will be overclocked, water cooled and used mostly for gaming and SETI@home and maybe folding@home. The computer will be in my bedroom so it needs to be quiet. I'm going to use two of the fans for the radiator and the other fans will be for the case. All the fans do not have to be the same, but two have to be no more that 25mm thick because they have to fit in between my drive cages and the front bezel. Two of the fans have to be the same thickness because they will be attached to my case and will hold my radiator in place.

Does anybody have any information about the difference between 25mm and 38mm thick fans. Do ball bearings last longer and run quieter than sleeve bearings? Do thicker fans produce greater air pressure? What is your favorite 120mm quiet fan and why? Ask/answer any question I should have asked/answered but didn't.

Any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back