I need help Asus m2n4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my video card fried out on my last computer and it was an AGP so i thought well hell now is a better time then any to upgrade to PCI express and just get a nice new mobo cpu and everything else. So i start doing my homework and decided to get a AMD 64 x2 slot a2 or whatever processor 2.0 ghz. Then i planned on gettin a nice video card so i purchased a evga 7900 pci express card, then heres where i think i made the mistake. I purchased a open box ASUS M2N4-SLI Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard i read the reviews it seem to have its problems and negative reviews but nothing bad. I get it in and find out my old ram doesn't fit it so i buy some new 240 wintron i think ram 2g's hook it all up it boots then shuts right back off after less then 2 seconds. Well it has a 24 pin power supply hook up and mine was only 20 so thinking that maybe that was the problem i but a nice Antec 2.0 500w power supply which let me tell you is super QUIET. I hook that up and still the same thing. So anyone have any suggestion i checked all my wires and everything yet nothing. I get no beeps no warning beeps nothing is posting its just bizarre. I think the mobo was DOA espically since it was open boxed. Strange thing was i took out the cpu and turned it on and it just kept running never shut off.

Ok so anyone have any suggestions.

1st things 1st

take my advice, I am having to do this all over again myself*.

place the mobo by itself on top of the box it was in.
(of course ++++ ground yourself, get off the carpet if you can !! touch all over some metal )

place one stick of ram in the 1st memory slot
double check the cpu ( put artic 5 or thermal paste directly in center of cpu. about 2/3-to- 1/3 the size of a decent size pea*
attach the heatsink & fan ontop cpu to mobo
hook up the psu

hook up the keyboard and monitor / mouse

say prayer, turn on power. Did the yellow or orange power light come on the mobo? *might be green* in some cases......
any signal to the monitor, ?
carefully and slowly start adding hardware if ok from there. Completely turn off power and dis-connect the psu each time changing, especially the ram!!
Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back