I need help badly with ProSavageDDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I accidentally deleted some program on my computer called ProSavageDDR

So I went online and downloaded it again. The version I downloaded is the latest version

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/s3proddr.html

Is this good for my computer? When I had deleted the program, the computer restarted and when it came up, the screen, everything, looked like video game mode or something. Everything was all big and kinda pixely. But then when I downloaded the program again (the newest version) everything went back to normal, although it kinda looks like everything, like the icons and stuff, got a little smaller but I don`t think you can really tell.

There`s also this program I downloaded to help me find out which control thingy I have on my computer

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/s3iddownload.html

Like which ProSavageDDR version or something that I have on my computer.

But I downloaded that after I downloaded the new version of ProSavageDDR so I don’t know if that`s giving me information on the original one or the one I downloaded.

I was thinking about deleting the new version of that program and reinstalling that other program to help me find out which control thingy I have but I don’t know if it’ll work and I don`t wanna go through the same thing all over again.

I hope that made since. If I could reword it in a different way that makes a little more sense I would.

What should I do?

I believe ProSavageDDR is a video card driver. Video card drivers are good! Unless your computer is misbehaving then you should leave it alone until you learn more about computers or in the very least ask somebody to look at it before you start changing things.

The above is pretty harsh considering that it's your computer and I'm some stranger. When we own a computer we have to be responsible for it's care and maintenance unless we want to pay some techno-dweeb to care for it for us. I started maintaining my computers years ago when I downloaded a Trojan that crashed my computer. Somebody sent me a Trojan trying to steal a game account from me. To be sure the Trojan was gone I reinstalled my operating system, and the learning process began. Your learning process has also begun. We all have to start somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back