I need help getting my graphics card to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I would LOVE some help. First off i have a Radeon 9250 graphics card and a Plug and Play monitor(it's an LCD TV Monitor). When I plug the monitor into the graphics card in the back of the computer, the screen is blank when I start up! I would be very happy to find out why this is and how to fix it. I'm trying to play Battlefield 2. I have a Dell Dimension 2350 if it helps. I know the intergrated graphics card can't possibly handle the game so I'm trying to get this one to work. Hate to beg but, will someone please help me?

Is the bios set up for your card AGP as first display

Getting into bios:
Turn on your computer
You will notice a very quick question of entering system bios (DEL or F1 or F2...)
Hit this key when the message displays to go to System Setup screen

Go through the setup pages and confirm AGP video support is enabled and as first display device

Make sure you save and exit
Then put the Display into the AGP connector, and restart again

I don't think this PC has an AGP slot. I think this Radeon 9250 is a PCI graphics card. In either case I would be surprised if the card can run BF2 at any acceptable level but let us know how it does when you get it running. As for your problem, the only thing I can think of at the moment is make sure it is seated firmly and squarely into the PCI slot.

mailpup you're right

ok i must edit here and say , make sure the PCI Graphics is enabled in bios

system specs system specs system specs (if I say it over and over it'll sink in ! )
Sorry JediPunk

would you want to disable integrated graphics first? or is that really just one of those "too small a difference" to care about...

If integrated graphics were disabled first, there would be no way to get into the BIOS since the 9250 gives no display at all. It can be disabled after the new card gets working.

i found the Catalyst Control Center installation cd and now it's telling me it can't find the hardware. but when i scanned the device manager fore hardware changes, it found what im guessing is the card as an SCSI Controller.

In the Device Manager are there any devices that have a yellow symbol next to it?

yes. the SCSI Controller. but im not sure exactly what that is. ive tried updating it but windows updater comes up dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back