I need help getting sound on my computer?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have onboard sound for my computer and I can't figure out what I need to install to get the sound working again? I have a AMD Athlon XP-M 1500 + motherbaord ( I belive) and currently running win 98 and I dont know what to for the drivers? Can I get some advice.

sound

My motherboard came with a cd with drivers for the onboard sound, lan, etc. Whoever made your sound chip should have a driver available at their website, or at your mobo's website.

Okay here is the next thing I need to ask once i find he drivers where on my computer do I load them. I dont have a list for onboard sound to load the drivers to. :blush:

Go to the device manager, select the audio device (it should have a yellow mark by it since it isn't working), select update driver with the options automatic, and include windows update as the search location.

If that doesn't work, find out the make and model of your mobo and go to the manufacturer's web site for drivers.

I am so lost ! Okay this is the deal I dont have any yellow excalmation marks by anything in device manager. And all the troubleshooters tell me to look for my sound card. I dont know what else to look for. The audio device is working as far as it says when you view properties. So what am I doing wrong? Errrr this is so frustrating.

Do you have a speaker icon in the sys tray?
If no: sound drivers aren't installed. Disable hardware, reinstall.
If yes: Double click icon, make sure volumes are up and aren't muted.
If still no sound: Check connections to speakers including power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back