I Need Help! I'm Not A Wiz At Computers But Learn Fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

notacompwizyet

Ok... Every 10 minutes to an hour McAfee SecurityCenter reports a file named bgates[1].exe or 2 other files and it's getting annoying! They can't be deleted unless you go search and delete them manually but they keep comeing back? Why? I already looked it up on the net and I think its a trojan but I'm kinda new to this trojan stuff so can someone teach me about it and how to get rid of it? Nothing on the net has helped me yet can someone here? Thank you very much...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

That sounds like a trojan infection.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log as a .txt attachment into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

notacompwizyet said:
wat a hjt?

HJT=HijackThis. It is a small programme that will show whats running on your system including viruses etc.

All the instructions are in the link I gave you.

Just take your time, following the instructions. They aren`t that difficult.

Regards Howard :)

ok im getting mad... those scanners were taking forever and so i went to sleep came back this morning and my computer was off! i turned it back on and internet explorer popped up saying that there was an error and it had to restart! im posting the hijack this post thing because i dont want to scan using those again unless i have to...

Looks like you`ve done a really good job so far.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)

Fix all 016-DPF entries.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwrb32 - winwrb32.dll (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

my computer sucks even more and this message keeps popping up "Some McAfee SecurityCenter components might not have been installed or launched properly. Restart your computer to fix this. If this message appears again after the restart, please reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter." And it keeps comeing up after i press ok! It is annoying and McAfee isn't running... What is happening? Here is a log from 2 minutes ago...

Have HJT fix this entry.

O20 - Winlogon Notify: winwrb32 - winwrb32.dll (file missing)

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

I don`t know what`s gone wrong with McAfee, but it seems to me you have 2 choices.

1. Reinstall McAfee.

2. This what I recommend. Download the free AVG antivirus programme and the free Zonealarm firewall from HERE and HERE.

Disconnect from the net and completely uninstall McAfee. Install Zonealarm, followed by AVG and reboot your computer. Reconnect to the net and run the AVG updates. Then do a complete system scan with AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back