TechSpot

I Need Help Installing Autocad2000 In Windows Xp

By maburu1982
Mar 26, 2005
  1. HI EVERYONE,
    I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I REALLY NEED SOME HELP. I AM A STUDENT WHO IS CURRENTLY TAKING A AUTOCAD CLASS, I HAVE FALLEN BEHIND IN THE CLASS BECAUSE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS MUCH LESS AUTOCAD BUT THATS WHAT I AM THRERE TO DO LEARN HOW TO SO I AM SEEKING SOMEONE'S HELP. I HAVE AUTCAD2000 DOWNLOADED, I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT IT OFTEN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS XP WHICH MY COMPUTERS RUNS ON. I DID THE COMPATABILITY THINK WITH THE AUTOCAD SETTING IT WITH ANOTHER VERSION OF WINDOWS. IT STARTED TO WORK FOR A MINUTE BUT WHEN IT REACHED ABOUT(13% INTO IT EXE) IT STOPED AND GAVE ME AN (ERROR MESSEAGE)>(5 file mydownload/autocad/autocad DATA/asupport.z) and aborted the whole process.I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GO FROM THERE. PLEASE HELP. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP METHOD HAS TO HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Have you tried redownloading the programme? It may be that the programme you have now is corrupt in some way.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

3. maburu1982

maburu1982 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried downloading it before but i still have the same problem! I have even run the compatabilty test and (SETUP AND EXE) starts to run but when it reaches about (13%) along the way it aborts it self. It then gives me a error message which is the following ERROR 5 FILE>(mydownload/AutoCAD/AotoCADDATA/asupport.z) . I have read somewhere about something called a (patch) what is it, and what does it do? Do you think it will help me any?

@hopkinso or anyone else who can help me please THANK ALOT :confused:

4. maburu1982

maburu1982 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I am sorry about the cap.

I am sorry about the cap. I didn't know that it was a problem. I am not a pro. on the computor yet so please bear with . I have looked through the search option on the forum, but it still lead me to the same problem. i have tried the compatibilty thing and still get a error message. Is there something esle that someome has figured out that can help me solve my problem.Details: my pc is a H.P pavilion with Windows XP. I have a DSL connection. It has a (512mb DDR SDRAM memory) and (80GB hard drive). I have been trying to install ( AutoCAD2000 in Windows XP on my pc ) with no luck so far. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE. I need this for school!!!!!!

5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

6. leon phelps

leon phelps TS Rookie Posts: 23

pretty sure...

I am pretty sure you need to find out how to install the program in 98 compatible mode. I did it a while ago, but forgot how to do it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.